Friday, May 10, 2024

Lemongrass Infused Cocktail




Whether you drink cocktails or mocktails, I think this one is delicious! I found it in Free the Tipple and it's called the Angelina Jolie. I've made a few modifications based on my tastes and to keep this easy/quick. I also encourage you to explore your farmer's market. I found the lemongrass paste from Fresh Curry Paste at my San Mateo, CA market. Using it is a lot easier than fresh lemon grass which can be a bit woody. 

Here's what you'll need for one cocktail
  • 2 tsp organic sugar 
  • 1 tsp lemongrass paste or 1/2 stalk lemongrass, chopped into small pieces
  • 1 lime juiced
  • 6-8 fresh mint leaves
  • 2 shots Malibu Caribbean Rum with Coconut Liqueur (Substitute with organic sweetened coconut water for a mocktail)
I place the lemon grass, sugar, lime juice, and mint into a mortar and pestle and muddle it into a paste. (If you're using a lemon grass stalk you'll want to peel an outer layer or two, wash it, and slice into thin slices to muddle. You'll also need a strainer for this mixture before you combine with the ice and rum.)

In a shaker, I add 5-9 ice cubes. the muddled mixture (which should smell divine), and the 2 shots Malibu Caribbean Rum. Shake liberally. Serve over ice in a highball glass with 3-4 mint leaves and a lime wedge.

Cheers!




1 comment:

Jen Gomez said...

This is so yummy! It's not super sweet. Very refreshing. Complimented my Thai food perfectly!